Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trip to TN

My girls and I on Mother's Day after church. It proved to be difficult to get a decent picture of the three of us.

Love that Haley decided to stick out her tongue.
Heather was supposed to fly into Arkansas and ride to TN with us but Mother Nature had other plans for her and left her stranded in the Detroit airport all night. We re-routed her flight the next morning to Memphis and we just picked her up on the way. I don't know who was happier to see whom. With Auntie Heather in tow we made great time the rest of the way.
Hanna and Haley doing what they love best.......reading.
Being silly!
We helped Mom & Dad box up a lot of stuff and cleaned out the attic to prepare them for a move in the near future.
Hanna is highly allergic to mosquito bites and has swollen up from them in the past. This time one got her on the forehead as you can see from the slight horn above her left eyebrow. Now, I am not one to laugh at my children's boo-boo's but Heather and I had to bite tongues to keep from snickering as she looked like something from Avatar.
By the next day the swelling above her eye went down and by down I mean it traveled down her face and between & around her eyes. Afraid of an eye infection setting in I phoned her pediatrician's office and they suggested Zyrtec (I had been giving her Benadryl).
I had never given her Zyrtec, never had a need for it. Can you judge from the pictures how it affected her?? I gave her some right before dinner and YOWZA! Needless to say she had trouble staying seated throughout dinner.
Isn't she pitiful?? I had trouble telling her no during this transformation of the mosquito bite. Heather, the girls and I headed back to Arkansas that next morning so thankfully the swelling had mostly vanished and she wasn't rubbing her eyes anymore. The trip back was pretty uneventful, just Hanna and Haley keeping Aunt Heather on her toes. I swear they asked for something about every 4 minutes. She was a trooper and proved to be a huge asset. I think every time I drive to TN I am going to ask her to fly in and go with me!

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

well, look at your skinny self. love the pic of you, heather and your mom. lovely ladies.

poor hanna. she really does have the worst reactions to mos. bites.

so glad you're back. now scott doesn't have to listen to my inane blathering, you do!

Heather said...

Really Heidi. That has to be the most horrible picture of me. Seriously.