Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bathtub art



Bath toys become grungy and gross within a very short period of time.  That's why I only try to invest in cheap ones (or not at all;  measuring cups and spoons achieve the same amount of pleasure).  Hanna is not picky when it comes to these and will jump at the suggestion of throwing just about anything in there.  A few weeks ago I decided to get her a few new items instead of making her play with Haley's.  She loves to draw letters and is learning to write her name very well, so I thought bath crayons would be perfect.  So, we introduced them one evening in the big tub with little sis.  Fast forward to Haley rubbing them in her eyes (the crayons are made out of soap).

The (3+) mark on the box was probably accurate this time around.  She kept rubbing them into her eyes to get the soapy-ness out;  hence, getting more and more aggitated.  I would have loved to get that on camera but I do know how it feels to get soap in the eye.   I instead worked quickly on mending the situation.  Bath crayons are now on the "No Haley list" (for she also did a quick taste test).  I then discovered that they aren't only great for THEIR bath time......but for mine as well!  While I showered, Hanna decorated the outside of the tub.   

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I'll have to get some bath crayons for Hanna when she comes back to Mimi's house.