Sunday, March 21, 2010

Peanut butter cookies


Snowy weather invokes baking........for me anyway.  I yearn to whip up some cookies with Hanna whenever the white stuff decides to grace us (which has been quite a bit this winter).  Hanna is always happy to suffice;  maybe with way too much enthusiasm.  I know the world wide web is a plethora of cookie recipes but I had to share this one myself.  If you subscribe to Martha Stewart Everyday Food you will find this recipe as Emeril's entry for the month of March.  They will be the easiest cookies you ever make!!!  And trust me, they are delish!

Peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies
  • 1 c. creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. semisweet choc chips
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350.  In large bowl, combine all ingredients & stir with wooden spoon until smooth.  Divide dough into heaping tablespoons (or use your own judgement as I do).  Roll into balls and place onto ungreased baking sheet.  Using a fork, press on dough in two directions to form crosshatch pattern.  I like to dip my fork in sugar while doing so!

Bake until puffed and lightly golden, 10-12 min.  Cool on sheets and enjoy!


2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

funny. i have the very same issue. when i saw the title of your post, i immediately thought of this recipe.

THE KNIGHTS said...

save me some!!!!PB cookies are my fave and I thought I was the only one who snuck choc chips into them. MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!