Friday, December 3, 2010

A Thanksgiving proposal


We had a lot to celebrate this Thanksgiving! I got a text from Marco (my sister's boyfriend) earlier in the week that read, "I am sending you a pic. Let me know what you think." So, I was thinking it might be something funny or a pic of Heather doing something funny but when I opened the text and saw a beautiful shiny ring sitting in a little box, I was absolutely giddy with delight!!! I walked around on a cloud all day in fact. My immediate response was, "When are going to do it???" I was going to be miffed if he didn't bring that thing with him and propose at my house!

He did bring it and ended up telling the rest of the family the night before Thanksgiving. It was kind of fun being the only one that knew for awhile (I did tell Jason though). We sat down to dinner and even I was getting nervous.....when he is going to do it??? Mom said a prayer, Jason said a few things and the rest of us put in our two cents, Hanna & Haley said at least 3 prayers each. Finally Marco had the floor and BAM. I was expecting this long mushy gushy proposal but it was over in 3 seconds! I'm not complaining because I was really hungry by that time. There were some tears and some laugher.......good times.
Oh, and she said yes!




Congratulations Heather and Marco! We love you both dearly and feel blessed to have shared in your special moment. Thank you for letting us be a part of it!

3 comments:

The Robinsons said...

yay! i'm so happy for heather and marco. that first picture made me laugh. your dad looks like he's asleep. i just love him! the picture of him and marco hugging was very sweet.

Jennifer Gartman Gowen said...

I just cried my eyes out! That is precious. Congratulations!!!

Heather said...

Ahhhh, I could re-live that moment over and over and over. It happened so quick!