Monday, November 22, 2010

Haley's birthday party, sans big sis!

Haley had her very own birthday party to attend this weekend! She has been to plenty of birthday parties but they have always involved big sister. Here she is putting her gift in the wheelbarrow. Her friend Isaac from Mommy's Day Out had a Bob the Builder party.
They had Home Depot-ish aprons for everybody and had different sections of the house designated for decorate it, design it, imagine it, paint it, construct it, hammer it etc.
Here she is posing with the birthday boy Isaac. He refused to pose with her and she wasn't about to throw herself onto him. Poor little guy, he had a rough day and cried a lot. Isaac, birthday parties do the exact same thing to me!
Haley got to decorate her own yellow hard hat with an endless array of construction site/work hazard stickers. You can't see because her hat is turned sideways but she managed to find the few "handicapped" stickers in the bunch. She did not want any part of the get-up but I somehow convinced her to keep the apron on because, "Everybody else is wearing one." I decided the hat wasn't worth causing a scene over even though she was so cute in it.
She loved coloring the cardboard house the best. I couldn't coax her on outside where they had work benches and hammers and nails with all the supplies to build your very own small toolbox. I crept outside feeling a little intimidated but I was determined to build that damn toolbox and thru trial and error and a little help from a friend, it was completed!
The boy and girl on Haley's right were neighbors but the cutie on her left is Jackson. He is also in her Mommy's Day Out program. I asked Haley what her favorite part of the bday party was and she said, "Eating the ice cream and cake"! I will admit it was scrumptious but I would be lying if I said that was my favorite part. My parting gift was a 6ft measuring tape w/keychain. I think it is the cutest darn thing and it will reside in my purse so sticky little fingers won't grab it.

1 comment:

The Robinsons said...

girl, i've got a mini tape measure in my purse. it comes in handy!

she's getting soo big. bet she loved going to her own bday party. miss her so much.