Monday, November 22, 2010

Hanna's Thanksgiving celebration

I just recently learned from Hanna that she is betrothed to a little boy in her class, unbeknownst to me. Apparently he asks her every day, "Hanna, do you promise you will marry me?" She told me that her answer is always yes. I guess she decided to return the enthusiasm because now she asks him right back, "Do you promise you'll marry me?" We are going to invite him over one night for milk and cookies and find out what his intentions are. Btw, hubby to be is sitting right next to her.

This picture cracks me up at how serious they are singing the Hokey Pokey, the turkey version. While I loved watching the kiddo's hokey and pokey their little hearts out, when they said, "You put your right claw in", I had to gulp. Just the image of a turkey claw......anyway, you get the picture.
Here they are singing my favorite Thanksgiving song, "1 little, 2 little, 3 little Indians.....".
Miss Lynne talked to them about different Indian names and gave them examples so they could come up with their own. Everybody yelled out what their Indian name was; there was a "Sun", "Lizard Buffalo", and Hanna's was "Buffalo". My favorite though was "Teletubby Playhouse".

After the "show" they sat down for a Thanksgiving feast. Hanna's future MIL and myself signed up to do this party so we brought Chick-fil-a nuggets (I am positive the pilgrims would have LOVED them), along with fruit, corn on the cob, rolls, and my terrific idea of sweet potato fries. As we were dishing out the feast my sweet potato fries seemed to be snubbed by all. Not surprising, by the time they made it to the school and waited for about 10 minutes they were less than appetizing and a bit on the mushy side.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised at how they gobbled up the food, minus the fries of course, and even had decent table manners to boot. I'd say the big moment of the day was getting to finally meet the boy Hanna plans on marrying.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

The Robinsons said...

how cute!! love that picture of her at the table. nicholas will be despondent when he finds out. at least for good 5 mins i'd say. so glad she enjoying school.

happy happy thanksgiving to you all! tell heather i said hi, too!