Friday, February 5, 2010

Funny girl Haley

She gave herself a black eye by throwing her head down on the train table.  Hanna was trying to give her a piece of cinnamon bread and Haley didn't want the heel that she was being offered.
She wants to stamp ALL the time but I hesitate to give her anything but crayons since it usually ends up on her face.  Remind you of anyone.......a notorious German perhaps???

Haley loves to sing and LOVES singing to her baby dolls and stuffed animals especially.  She doesn't have many songs in her repertoire but she does sing (her version) of Twinkle Twinkle and her ABC song.  At bedtime she asks me to sing "Mimi buy" and sometimes it takes me awhile to realize what she is saying.  She loves "Hush Little Baby" but wants me to say, "Mimi's going to buy you a ........"  But my favorite, favorite song she asks me to sing to her babies is, "Rock-a-by baby, in a "chee bop".  She will hand me a baby and say, "Wockin-a chee bop Mom."  It makes me laugh every time.

The girl will not leave her clothes on and ends up taking her jammies off about every night and throwing them out of her crib.  She says, "I hot mom."  She is dressed and ready to go but when I go find her to get in the car she has managed to take off her pants and her shirt is half-way off.  Very frustrating.

She calls her belly button a "belly butt."  Lately when you ask her a question she responds with, "Ummm, sure."  She loves to ask me where everybody is, for example, "Where's Joni?  Where's Uncle?  How 'bout Mimi?  Hmmmm.  How 'bout Header?  Where's Amber?  How 'bout Papa."  She knows the answer but likes to test me I guess.

She is turning 2 in a little over a week and it blows my mind!  She loves to tell you she is turning 2 while holding up her first finger and thumb and then says she is going to be 5, just for fun.  The other day I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and her first response was "Geen" and when asked a second time she said, "Pincess."  Unlikely that we are going to have a green princess cake but I don't think she will be disappointed in the least!

1 comment:

The Robinsons said...

you know i love little haley! just want to squeeze her. that "adolf" pic is hilarious. i can't stop looking at it.