Sunday, February 7, 2010

A little late but......

I thought I would post a few snow pictures from a couple weeks ago.  We got more snow than I've seen in a long time!!!  That makes me sound really old I realize.  I hibernated for a few days and didn't even mind that I didn't get outside!  Jason and Hanna drove to pick up a friend in the neighborhood for her to play with and the next day she got to go to her friend's house to play, so Hanna had a great weekend.  Jason took Hanna outside to play in the snow and she could barely even walk.  No way Haley could've gotten around-she would've been swallowed up!  

Several times over the weekend Jason mentioned that he really should go knock the snow off our canopy on the back deck but never made it out there.  Then, the not-so-unexpected happened......after hearing a loud crash Jason was sure where it came from. 
Not surprising that the metal frame just buckled under the pressure from a thick layer of ice and 6 in of snow.  What a mess!  My handy little hubby is already scheming on what he is going to "build" to replace it, a pergola perhaps?

3 comments:

The Robinsons said...

we barely had a chance to enjoy that canopy! we'll whatever jason decides to do, make sure he consults w/ us so we can give him our requirements. ;)

Beth said...

I'm commenting on the last two post...What was under that canopy...looked very exotic!

Love the Haley pics. So cute. Funny that she likes to take off her clothes. Love the she says belly butt. Good to see you yesterday!

Heidi said...

Beth, nothing toooo exotic. Just a table and a few chairs......oh, and a disco ball. JK
We did have a few paper lantern lights hanging from the ceiling of the canopy. That's about as exciting as it gets!