Thursday, February 11, 2010

What am I going to do with this girl?


Ok, it was kind of endearing when she started taking her clothes off and saying, "I hot Mom."  Even after she goes to bed at night her jammies might last a whole 5 minutes before being stripped off and thrown out of the bed.  I don't know why we even bother to put them on her.  I can live with that!  What I can't live with is now she doesn't stop at the clothes/jammies;  she proceeds to take her diaper off and wants to go on the big potty.  Great!  Perfectly fine for day time but when I peek at her on the monitor at night and she is lying there with a full moon shining........that could equal disaster.  Which it did after nap time one day when she had a diaper full of C-RAP and decided to take if off.  I'm sure my child isn't the first to pull such shenanigans but she IS the first of mine.

I had to go get her up out of bed last night to re-diaper her and wrap a strip of packing tape around the top of her diaper.  I didn't even bother to put jammies back on.  She wants to be a big girl so bad and I let her set on the potty whenever she wants to.  I think she will be a breeze to potty train but I am just not ready for that.  She isn't even 2 yet!  My philosophy on PT is that both parties have to be ready;  don't know if that's what the books say but that's what I say!  So, until then taping on diapers will be a new priority in the Kaiser house.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

HA HA! Been there! Glad she is so eager for you though! Try putting zipper or snap jammies (short or long) on backwards if the tape becomes a hassle! So cute!

The Robinsons said...

hee hee. at first i thought you were going to talk about the bath incident. her expression in the pictures are too funny.

Beth said...

So cute. Never thought about the tape. I have heard about putting the pjs on backwards.

also, love the crafts! Really cute!

Jennifer Gartman Gowen said...

That is HILARIOUS. She's so funny.

Heidi said...

Oh, good one Trent. Never thought of putting the jams on backwards. Must try!

THE KNIGHTS said...

ha ha! its me...i was accidentally signed in on trent's acct. oopsie.