Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back-to-school bash

The Clovercroft PTO had a little soiree of sorts at the school Friday evening in celebration of "Pony Up" week a.k.a. spirit week. Jason came home early from work with a migraine so we went sans Daddy. We went to our neighbor's house for pizza beforehand so we could load up on cotton candy later. All Haley really wanted was popcorn but when I went to get her some they were all out so she got a bag of Cheetos instead.

We bounced in the jumpy house, ate cotton candy, played with friends and got faces painted pretty much in that order. The first three activities took up about 30 minutes of our time while face painting was for the duration of our stay. I thought when we got in line that the estimated time might possibly be 20-30 min and while I know that even seems like a long time, it would have been welcomed. It ended up being more like 45 min to an hour.

I don't even know what took so long but after standing there for 20 min minutes it was out of sheer stubbornness that I wouldn't budge until we got our damn faces painted. And by "we" I mean Hanna & Haley; although, I did think about getting the word SUCKER painted on my forehead. By that time Haley said she would have some cotton candy as she didn't want any before. By the time we left, the metal bins of spun sugar were all emptied out.

We came home, watched Rio and ate popcorn and admired our painted faces for as long as we could before bedtime.


Hanna and Ella
Hanna was delighted to see Harry. I hear about this little guy more than anyone else from school. They sit together in class and in the lunchroom. She loves him! but says he's just a friend. Could he be any cuter??
After cotton candy but before face painting.
Hanna took a picture of us while in line. Note the half-full water bottle in my hand.....it was empty by the end and I was very uncomfortable.

I think it was totally worth the wait......the things we do for our kids.

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

hanna and harry are too cute!! and look at what a little poser miss haley is.

the face painting reminded me of first friday. remember hanna got this beautiful butterfly and nick got a few colorful blobs on his face that were suppose to pass for balloons? i think a 7 y/o painted them. good times.

Erin Ewing said...

Oh my goodness! Those precious girls! Delaney didn't recognize them at first and when I told her they were Hanna and Haley, she said, "Oh my! They are growing up!!" :) Then she said, "I wish they could live in our neighborhood!" (and bring the pool with you, please...)
Can't believe what a blondie cakes Haley is!! People pay good money to get highlights that pretty!
Miss you all way too much!!