Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A day of firsts

First day of pre-school

Today was Hanna's first day at her new pre-school and all I can say is that 6AM came way too fast this morning.  Even Hanna struggled to get a move on when I woke her up.  But she has been waiting for this day all summer and was anxious to get there and dig in.  We had plenty of time to snap pictures this morning.  I would have been crying except that she has been in a mother's day out program since she was 13 months old.  This really didn't seem any different and it's a much shorter day than mdo.  

I think she had a good first day even though it was mum's the word when she got in the car.  She was disappointed that she didn't get to pet/play with the resident rodents (Ok, I think they are gerbils but no need in splitting hairs, they are still rodents at the end of the day).   I think she is going to really enjoy her new class and learn lots of new things.


In front of Miss Misty's room




Hanna goes to the dentist

Hindsight, it probably wasn't in Hanna's best interest to share her first dentist appointment with her first day of school.  Overall, she did pretty well, much better than I expected.  We did get a couple x-rays of her teeth and that in itself is a miracle!  She loved getting to choose a flavor of toothpaste (marshmallow).  I fought to hold back the tears!  She looked like such a big girl getting her teeth cleaned.  Haley was a little jealous that she wasn't getting all the attention and demanded her own toothbrush.  





3 comments:

The Robinsons said...

she's such a big girl. i love that little flip in her hair.

Raven said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe little Hanna is in pre-school!! How cute are these pictures! Oh...of course little bit wanted to join in on the fun! Miss yall!

Beth said...

she looks so big. we go to that dentist. Well, kate hung out there. You cannot tell me he was able to do anything to her teeth. Glad she enjoyed it and did well.