Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A super fun day at the park


Before..............


And after.

On Tuesday, my friend Erin and I drove down to Fayetteville for what we thought would be an uneventful romp in the park.  Not so much.  The moment this child laid eyes on the algae pond it was very much apparent by all that she was gettin' in there before the days end.  There must have been a beckoning force from beneath the shallow murkiness.  I've never seen such strong will and determination by a half-pint.  After a little while she seemed to have given up and we went into the little castle to play.  That's where she did her recon work for operation Pondscum.  

We slowly made our way back toward the forbidden waterhole.  Erin and I were standing by the water's edge and I watched Haley walk off in the opposite direction; now I know that was just a ploy.  I looked up at Erin as we conversed and then I heard her shriek.  I immediately looked around and there was Haley stepping right into the water.  I quickly plunged myself in after her but not before she dove on in, head first.  She was soaked from head to toe and was in just long enough for some slime to adhere. 

She was a little shaken up about the incident.......for one whole minute!  Hanna was more shaken up over the ordeal than was Haley.  I was in shock for sometime.  Luckily, I had thrown an extra set of clothes in the car after she sat in a pile of bird doo at another park a few weeks prior.  Thank you sweet Jesus!  A tub of wipes, a bottle of Purell, and an outfit change later, all was well.  I, on the other hand, reeked of gunk water and trudged around in squishy slimy shoes for the day and was happy as a clam to do so!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny!! I was laughing so hard!

Beth said...

That was so cute! I love the before and after. I always have a change of clothes for both kids in the car...because they ALWAYS need them. Sometimes I wish I had a set for me.

The Robinsons said...

my comment for the last post was actually meant for this post! the before and after pics are priceless.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard. YOu wrote that perfectly. I also loved the account of her daily activities - our days look very similar with Ryan. Have a great summer with your gals - what a fun age they are.

Erin Ewing said...

Such a perfect account of the "incident..."