Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Awaiting Family

First and foremost, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love hearing about family get togethers other than my own. My parents drove in from TN on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I was on my way to Wal-Mart around 6pm Tuesday night (I've had better ideas) because I realized that I didn't have the ingredients for what I wanted to make for dinner. On my way I called my folks to see what their ETA was and they were already in Fayetteville gasing up so Dad said that he would call me as they neared to see if I needed any help grocery shopping. They had been driving all day from TN but they were willing to stop at Wal-Mart of all places to help me! I was determinded to be finished by the time they made it to Rogers. Needless to say my grocery store of choice was packed to the gills but I breezed through getting only what I needed since I knew the next day Mom and I would trudge back to get the rest of our Thanksgiving dinner items. On our way out to the car I see a line of cars waiting for parking places and I spot an Escape with a Tennesse license plate. Right away I get a flurry of excitement as we near the driver side of the car and Dad rolls down the window. Hanna exclaims, "Papa, Papa!" Luckily, they got out of grocery shopping thanks to my cat-like-reflex shopping skills.

No comments: