Monday, December 8, 2008

Merci Beaucoup!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all that attended the party and for your thoughtful and generous gifts. It would not have been the same without all of you there (we missed you Zack H.). We love our little Hanna so much and it is deeply gratifying that you all share that love (at least a little). Having said that, I feel the need to shout out a few special "thank you's" to some individuals that deeply deserve it. So, here goes......and these are in no particular order.

Christina, thank you so much for taking the time and even wanting to make Hanna that very special tutu. It is gorgeous and was such a sweet surprise and so perfect for her birthday party attire. It really took the guess work out of what to dress her in and I really appreciate it so much. She wanted to wear it to school today to show her friends.

Tran, thank you so much for finding and buying the sweet gumdrop garland for Hanna's party. It was so sweet of you to think of us and it added so much to the deco. I wouldn't have had anything to drape around the kitchen chandelier without out it. I loved it! And thank you for creating the candy themed background for my blog. I'm just crazy about it!

Anthony, thank you so much for compiling my crazy list of candy/lollipop songs onto a cd for Hanna's birthday party. It was so much fun listening to the songs playing in the background. I know some of the songs were probably hard to find since some were ancient but I really appreciate you taking the time to find each and every song. I will keep that cd forever!

Mom, you don't know how much I appreciate you writing out the party invitations and addressing the envelopes. I've always loved your handwriting and can't duplicate it no matter how hard I try. It took such a load off and lowered my stress-o-meter considerably. You also helped with the placemats which was a huge help. Thank you for taking care of the girls Thanksgiving weekend while I worked away!

Heather, thank you for lending your artistic hand and creating several of the placemats. No way I could've done them all myself! Thank you for helping with the decorations and shopping for candy supplies with me but most of all thank you for listening to me ramble on and on about my thoughts and ideas without too much complaint. Love you!

Jennifer, I can't thank you enough for getting us the Candyland beach towels!!!! I am in love with them. I know it took some effort on your part to make it happen. It was such a special treat to be able to send the kids home with them. Thank you!!!!

Raven, without you the candy party probably wouldn't have transpired. I hadn't given too much thought as to what I would do for Hanna's birthday when you came to me back in September with the candy idea. You know how much Hanna loves her candies as you've been the supplier on more than one occassion. Thank you for the great idea.......and so sorry your candy boogers didn't make the buffet.

Erin, you enthusiastically kept an eye out for ANYTHING candy! I so appreciate you taking an interest and wanting to help out with the party. I think you had as much fun as I did hunting for candied treasures. I would have never stumbled upon the candy flavored chapsticks and bath gels had you not found them. And thank you for the precious "Happy Birthday Hanna" flag with the little pink lollipop from Gaddie & Tude. It was the perfect topper for her cake.

Last but certainly not least, Jason, how do I begin. You are such a great husband and doting father to our girls. You put up with my many shenanigans (that is a word, I looked it up) and usually have a smile on your face while doing so. I know I drove you up a wall and back over the last few months with my crazy candy capers. I appreciate you letting me have my fun and not complaining too much (just wait till you get the credit card bill). A little nervous about that one. Just keep in mind that this was all for Hanna whom you deeply love. Thank you for hanging my paper lanterns.......several times until you got it right. You were a picture taking fool at the party and even had the video camera going at the same time! For that, I thank you a million times over. Luckily, it only happens once a year.......well, twice.

I think that covers everyone and if I left anyone out, may I be lashed with a wet noodle a thousand times! Never quite understood that statement but at any rate I do sincerely apologize if I've slighted anyone. Many thanks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet you are...i know no one minds helping you at all, except jason, he told me he didn't enjoy it and the first time he put up the lanterns was the right way hahahaha jk...anytime you need anything just let me know...as long as you promise to mention me in your blog:) love you sis and you know i'm only kidding