Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

We are driving to Knoxville, TN this Friday to spend the holidays with our family. I am so exhausted and stressed out trying to pack for three people for the next two weeks!!! Plus, wrapping presents and praying that everything fits in our car and making sure we have plenty of snacks and movies.......but I couldn't be happier!! I love this time of year, the hustle and bustle, the Christmas lights and music, spending time with family. We haven't been to TN for Christmas since 2006 so I am overjoyed to get to spend Christmas in the house that I (for the most part) grew up in. I know my Mom loves when we come home for the holidays so she can really decorate the house and put up a tree for her Granddaughters. I grew up away from big city living and so appreciate that when I go home because it's so quiet and relaxing. I love going home for any extended amount of time! Heather, it goes without saying that we'll miss you and Marco terribly!

Also, I LOVE getting to spend Christmas with my in-laws. Now how many people can say that? We have so much fun playing games and working puzzles and grazing on treats all day long. My sister-in-law Cathy works at Hershey's so she always has plenty of chocolate around and is so welcoming and accomodating! Having a house full of people might be stressful for some but not for Cathy. My other sister-in-law Lisa LOVES babies and has a heart as big as Texas. Since her babies are all grown up she loves on all her little nieces and nephews like they were her own! She is so genuine that you can't help but love her. Really, I think of them both as two extra sisters (and I am pretty fond of their significant others and beautiful children as well).

In the middle of all this is Jason's mother Alva, a.k.a. "Nu-nu." Don't ask me who came up with that name but I think it was Miranda, the first born Granddaughter. She is a doting "Nu-nu" who ALWAYS remembers your birthday. She spoils her grandchildren along with the best of them. And I love when she reminisces about the past because I not only get to hear funny stories about Jason but about Cathy and Lisa as well, and there are some funny ones.

No matter where you choose to spend the holidays I truly hope that they are blessed! We won't be back in Arkansas until late January 5th, so Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Can't wait to see your holiday pics and share ours as well. Love to all!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Merry Christmas to your family! Thank you for blogging and allowing us to keep up with the Kaiser family - it has been fun! Be careful traveling and Happy New Year!