Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sister Sister

Some people might say that it would suck to have to share a birthday with your sister. In the last thirty.....something years that thought has never crossed my mind. I always felt pretty special to have a carbon copy of myself to help blow out the candles. Sure, we had our fare share of "sharing" but the good always out-weighed the bad. People always asked if we could read each others minds or feel each others pain. Thankfully that's a no on both! But we do share a special bond......I mean, we did come from the same egg and all. We may not be able to read each others minds but we are definitely on the same wave-length and are very similar in a lot of ways.

We have duked it out at times, as most sisters do; fighting over the curling iron and hairspray while getting ready for school, fighting over clothes, who gets to go first, fighting over who's turn it is to empty the dishwasher.......the list goes on and on. I've said many times that I couldn't imagine growing up without her. She was there the day I was born, she was there my first day of kindergarten, she was there when I graduated highschool, got engaged, she was my maid of honor, and she was there for the birth of my first child. She has proven herself to be the greatest aunt to my little girls and I know that she loves them dearly and misses getting to see them everyday. I can't wait until the day I get to spoil her little ones! And while our lives have taken two different paths I still feel as close as ever. Just wanted you to know that you're always in my thoughts and I adore you and think you have great taste. Also, I kind of forgot to mail you a birthday card. So, without further adieu.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!!! I will love you forever.
Gotta love those prom pictures!!




5 comments:

The Robinsons said...

awww. so sweet. that choker you've got on w/ the dress is something else. but the earrings made the outfit.

happy birthday to you both!!

Heather said...

Talk about starting the water works. It is a privilege being your sister and I am the luckiest person in the world because you are my sister.

Heather said...

OH! and you should be getting your bday card by Sat, hopefully.

Beth said...

that is so sweet. Sisters Rock!!!!
Happy Birthday to the two H's.

Anonymous said...

wooo! such coolness in the seniors picture...i swear it's like i didn't even get to be a part of your lives at that time. you two were so much older than me that i was always off doing little boy stuff...you two are the greatest sisters in the world, and apparently you know you are by looking at the seniors picture:)