Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A lot of ice....a little snow





The last couple days have been right up my alley! I'm a home-body by nature so when mother nature drops mountains of ice and snow on us I am happy as a lark (would prefer snow alone). Oh sure, I start to go a little stir crazy after a couple days but it's so refreshing to stay home for a legitimate reason. I've always loved the wintery season. Oh no, I am starting to rhyme.
Hanna and I got out while Haley napped just to explore our new icy surroundings. I thought MAYBE we could make a snow man but the landscape was very misleading; only a dusting of snow over massive sheets of ice. We still had fun crunching around to find what else was ice laden. The shrubs around the back deck above used to be completely upright. Our adventure out into the cold was, if for no other reason, worth every minute to snap these precious pictures of Hanna with an icy/snowy backdrop.

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

i love those pics of hanna. soo soo cute.

THE KNIGHTS said...

i forgot to post how stinking cute i thought these were. I was rather jealous of your shots! Glad she got out to enjoy the cold.