Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Flower girl

We have wanted to plant some flowers for the past two weekends but Mother Nature or other plans prevented it.  Finally, on Sunday (while Jason and Haley napped) Hanna and I were able to get our hands dirty!  She LOVES anything to do with outside especially if it involves planting/watering/helping.  I bought for her, her own set of gardening tools and watering jug, super cheap at Wal-Mart.  Amazing how a $5 purchase can bring such happiness, priceless.  She really was a great helper and company.  She would bring me whatever color I needed next and did so right up until the end.  At about the last plant, she exclaimed (with a sigh and hand on head), "Mommy, I don't think I'm feeling very well.  You have to get the flowers youw-self.  I'm just gonna go sit down for a minute."  Drama.

After she rested up, she was ready to plant her own special flower that she picked out.  She was very proud of all the work we did and helped water our new little babies when we were all done.  She was very excited to show Daddy our flowers.  I loved my special time with Hanna. She is growing up way too fast so I am trying to cherish my alone time from this day forward.

2 comments:

The Robinsons said...

she looks like a pro! the flowers look great.

i'm impressed you took pictures. nick helped scott this weekend and i took zero pics. not that my laziness should surprise you or anything.

Raven said...

I can't believe how big Hanna is getting! So cute!!!! Great pictures!!