Friday, April 17, 2009

The Very Hungry Caterpillar (as told by Hanna)


For the last couple of weeks Hanna has wanted to play teacher and she always wants to be the teacher.  She insists that I call her Miss Becky.  Miss Becky is one of favorite teachers at school.  One day she wanted to play teacher and I had SOOOOO much to do that I offered up her baby doll as a student until I got back.  She said, emphatically, "But Mommy, no.  That's not the girl I yike."  I asked her who she liked.  She responded with, "You Mommy.  You're the girl."  How can you say no to that.  

She taught me a couple letters, how to draw robots, and then started making caterpillars.  Like a light bulb went off in her head, she said, "Mommy, I'm going to teach you about the hungry caterpillar!"  So, she ran into her room to get The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  After seeing how precious she was "teaching" me this book, I ran to get the video camera.  She gets a little stage fright when I pull out the camera so she rushed the second reading so you have to listen carefully.  The best is when she gets to the food.  Her pronunciation of salami and sausage brings a huge smile to my face.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That was the cutest thing every! How adorable is she?

THE KNIGHTS said...

awwwwwww! my new favorite story! what a great video!

The Robinsons said...

i finally got to a computer where i could hear that. that was just too cute!

McNubbin's Mom said...

How smart is she?! Love it!