Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The great outdoors

Sunday, April 26th

My sweet little Haley would live outside from morning to night if we allowed it.  Anytime the door leading into the garage is opened she makes a bee line towards it, knowing that it is a portal to the outside world.  She gets very upset when she is stopped from sliding down the brick steps.  If she knows we are about to go outside, she will try and find some shoes and bring them to you.  She will sit down and lift her little legs up to help get those shoes on.  Mmmm, it is the sweetest thing.

While outside, her main goal is to make her way to the road.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's because she knows we don't want her to.  She is very much trying to be in control lately.  She also loves Daddy's yellow golf balls and loves to throw them and "run" after them.  She is quite impressive with her speed especially if she sees that you're after her.  Sometime in the middle of her fun, she fell and dug her bare knees right into the concrete.  It hurts my spine to think about it!  I take full responsibility since I ignorantly let her out in a dress.  She didn't cry for long and after being medicated, bandaged, and adding some pants she was ready to go back out.  

She also loves Hanna's old baby car and the little compartment in the front.  If Hanna gets a juice box, forget it.  She HAS to have one as well.  I was cracking up at her with the magnifying glass and didn't even capture the funnier faces as I was laughing too hard.  I just love her so much and look forward to what new and exciting thing she'll do tomorrow.








4 comments:

Beth said...

The pic with the magni glass is so funny! Love it! Also, I need some of those juice box holders! We've just taught Kate not to squeeze it all out! Also, love the pic of you and Hanna at the flower beds, really sweet.

The Robinsons said...

she's so cute i'm gonna bite her next time i see her! my favorite is when she turns and looks at you before she takes off. it makes me laugh everytime.

Heather said...

Haley has been in my dreams lately......

Raven said...

Oh little bit!!! She is so cute! I can't believe how much she looks like Hanna in the picture of her turning to the side with the juice box. I think it's the cheeks! Miss you all!