Tuesday, April 28, 2009

School program

Hanna's school (MDO) puts on a program for the parents this time every year.  Last year I sat at the opposite side of the stage from where Hanna stood, so I really couldn't see her at all. Obviously, my pictures and the video I tried to take simultaneously did not turn out, at all.  She wasn't even 2 1/2 at the time so most of them didn't really participate in the singing.  It was still lots fun to watch.  
So, this year Jason was able to come with me and all I can say is, we were very proud parents! Some little ones cried when they got on stage and others wouldn't even get on stage.  Hanna marched right up there even after seeing us and waving at us.  They performed The Itsy Bitsy Spider, which we've seen her do a million times but not on stage in front of hundreds of strangers and another song about spiders that they used drums for.   I could even hear her among all the others.  They were all so cute even down to the little ones that cried for their mommies.  I even welled up a little.

They have a sheet for us at the end of each day letting us know what they learned and talked about for that day.  They also always include what your child enjoyed, or something funny they said, or just something special.  Hanna's read, "Hanna really enjoyed singing for her Mom and Dad today."







1 comment:

Raven said...

What a big girl!!