Friday, October 3, 2008

Chick-fil-A Lunch


My friend Erin and I met at Chickfila for lunch today after dragging our poor daughters through Hobby Lobby. Not to say they didn't enjoy themselves immensely, leaving a trail of destruction down every aisle. This may have led to our decision to throw Hanna and Delaney in a booth alone so we could enjoy lunch sans our two exuberant but adorable girls. So far so good. As I am happily snapping pics I am unaware that Haley has successfully reached her full jar of baby carrots, so there is a HUGE glob of orange on the table, all over her hands, on the highchair, and smeared across her face while she is happily chewing on her spoon. She is all cleaned up and now Hanna is standing up in the booth and won't sit down. So I tell her to sit down and finish her lunch and she says, "No Mommy I'm poopin," and really loud I might add. So, off to the bathroom to change her and wash hands. Of course, she has to dip her clean, rinsed hands in the dirty soapy suds in the sink while I'm tearing off a paper towel so I have to rinse them off again. I mean, really. I all I want to do is go sit down and eat my nuggets and fries. Back in the booth, we are now kicking the wall (which I'm sure the people on the other side thoroughly enjoyed) and sliding back and forth across the table. I think there was a quiet round of applause as we exited the Rogers Chick-fil-a leaving it a tad messier than was previously. As relieved as we were to be out of there, I'm sure we'll be right back in a couple of weeks. Could it be due to short term memory loss, insanity or just our daily struggle at even the smallest amount of adult time? I'd say a little of all three.


1 comment:

THE KNIGHTS said...

Cute blog layout! Can't wait to see more!