Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Sunday October 12




Despite the fact that Jason was in bed with a fever and chills most of the day Saturday, he took one for the team and joined us for a fun family day. We drove to Southwest City, MO to the Right Choices Corn Maze/Pumpkin Farm. First,we walked through the maze which was pretty neat and a little creepy at the same time. As we walked into the entrance of the maze I had a feeling of deja vu, like maybe I'd seen this in a horror flick once. Does "Children of the Corn" ring a bell? It didn't take us very long as we whizzed through. Hanna kept saying, "Yet's get outta he-ya." After that we had a couple hotdogs and climbed into the hay wagon for a good 'ole hay ride.




There was a platform in the middle of the corn maze so you could see where you were. They gave us a pamphlet that had different sets of questions and answers for different chapters. You had to choose the "right" answer and go left or right depending on what it said; hence the name, "Right Choices Maze." I figured that out all on my own. They had a couple slides set up going down hill and amazingly Hanna wanted to slide down them AND by herself. She kept saying, "I'm a do it again." I wanted Hanna to ride the cow train but we'd already been there for a couple hours and I didn't want to push Jason to the point of total misery. I had a great time and I think Jason enjoyed himself as much as he could but the whole reason for going was for the girls. Hanna loved the "punkin" patch and Haley liked the hay, so that's really all that counts.

3 comments:

The Robinsons said...

it looked like a fun time. what is haley chomping on? it's cracking me up.

THE KNIGHTS said...

HOW CUTE! Sooo proud of Jason! Looks like TONS of fun!

Anonymous said...

The girls are so cute - I can't believe how big they're getting!! We're headed to the pumpkin patch this weekend so I hope our experience is as eventful as yours was. Also, so cute about Jason taking Hannah to gymnastics - what a cute way to have special time with daddy. Love your blog and will check back often!!